Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Sugar Shack Bakery - Reedsport

It was at the Bandon Islands National Wildlife Refuge that it happened. We pulled in together and side-by-side, took the last two park plotzes.

The first thing they did was, standing there between the cars, pull out a Sugar Shack box and began reveling in eclairs. 

Transfixed, I asked, "Where from?"

"Sugar Shack!" They chorused.






Laundry stowed, I started up The Umpqua River Scenic Tour when, Lo und Behold, der it Vuz!

A "still" for those who like to linger.




The array is overwhelming. But I'm inclined to share Mae West's sentiment, "Too much of a good thing is wonderful."




When, at the store, I asked about the pigs, "They're like twinkies." she said.

I made appreciative noises.

Then, "Which one would you like?" 

It was then I saw each one's face is/was unique!




3 comments:

  1. Ah, Mae West ... so much wisdom!! I once announced I was quitting a job by paraphrasing her famous comment on marriage. " _____ is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution." (didn't impress, didn't matter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philistines! Nothing to be done but leave 'em to their mundanity.

      Congratulations on your escape!

      Delete