Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Jus'Funnin'

It's a phrase from The South. I saw it last in a tale of two good ole boys who took a hitchiker into the woods &, at the point of a gun, made him strip. As rhe sheriff later told him, "They wuz jus' funnin' yuh."

Around 1:00 a.m. a series of cars, one really loud, went tearing by. The stopped a little ways off and while the girls shouted, "Quit makin' so much noise!" the drivers gunned their engines.  Though this was only the 2nd encounter like this in over 50 years of travel, I'd been annoyed by other stuff to have at the ready a practiced Sasquach-esque roar. I kept it up for a while in counter-time to their racket and they soon subsided. As they came racing down, I leaped out in my tighty-whities and waved as they went by. 

That'll teach me not to camp next to the road.



This morning I ambled up to check out the spot and found this...



The view is awesome. The clear air is a pleasant surprise. 



On my way back I picked up a mascot lying by the roadside.


2 comments:

  1. Respect, decency and thoughtfulness...and education...are lost. There are so many that live their lives entitled...and titled 'Me First.' Did you tidy up for them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, their idea of fun will evolve. Right now, it sucks.

    ReplyDelete