Saturday, August 26, 2023

Renée

I was at the Blackberry Festival in Coos Bay when Renée called. She and Dr. Lusijah Marx had met at the training institute when they were learning to be facilitators. Dr. Marx referred me to her. 

Renée's 79 and is certified as a master in Ericsonian hypnotherapy. Though not credentialed as a counselor, she has over 40 years of experience in the field including eleven years working with inmates at the State Penitentiary.

Here's a link to her website.


She has some clear ideas about herself that she's gleaned from personal experience with psychedelics.

We had an hour-long conversation in which we both had to "assert our prerogatives" to get a word in edgewise. As I was attesting to being gay in every way except my sexual orientation, she asked, "So you're comfortable with your female side, or your anima?" In mid-stride I looked down and had to laugh out loud; there lay the cultural anima. You can't tell me the Universe doesn't have a sense of humor.



Wanting to volunteer at the Humane Society in Florence, I drove halfway back and camped outside Reedsport.

No comments:

Post a Comment