Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Eastbound on 42

My gift for finding my way home each evening is still working.

I pulled off the highway into a large turnout to scout for possibilities and saw I'd passed one less than a mile back. I had to follow it for a ways, but it was a good, gravel-topped li'l dickens.

I've yet to find out what the deal is, but much of this area of Oregon is plastered with neon-yellow NO TRESPASSING signs. 

It's not clear who posted this one, 



but this one was lying on the ground nearby leading me to surmise whoever put it up was one of those


who're under the illusion the planet comes with
maid service.

UPDATE:

I called RRC and spoke with a "Ranger." RRC is a Roseburg-based wood products (logging) company. They don't allow camping on their properties.

Interestingly, some of the forest nearby Roseburg is managed by the Bureau of Land Management. If you look at the area with Google Satellite you'll see the enormous clear-cuts throughout the region. There are areas where dispersed camping is allowed. 

And remember....Leave no trace.  🫵

No comments:

Post a Comment