Saturday, January 14, 2023

Naughty Knots

I've known of Desert Dominion for a few years but hadn't been able to attend an orientation so thought I was ineligible to participate in their events. This workshop, on the fundamentals of rope bondage, or Shibari, was open to the public -- street legal dress required to the door.

Desert Dominion hosts many events and is a major presence in the Tucson and surrounding areas kink community. The space is about 40' x 40' with an easily accessible bathroom, several couches and comfortable chairs and a variety of devices for restraining "victims."

I've always been a light-weight when it comes to absorbing information. After an hour of the three-hour workshop I was totally saturated and left. 



It was a comfortable, relaxed presentation with strong emphasis on safety, both physical and psychological. The presenter's running commentary, which included a wealth of information, was also, in parts, hilarious. 

As I was leaving, I was gifted, by a man with four hanks of new rope. I hope to put them to use in the near future.


I look forward to returning.


 

2 comments: