Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Ariel

Early last Spring on my way to Albuquerque I went to the Quebradas Backcountry to find a campsite. There's an overlook I'd used before and it was there I saw her, playing with a puppy. Something prompted me to ask if she planned to stay the night. After she confirmed my suspicion, I went to find someplace else.

The next day we somehow got into conversation and she showed a tire that was at the end of its life. I suggested we go into town to find someone to help but she said she couldn't as she was on her way to a meeting.

As I was getting up the next morning I saw her wave as she went by, but I knew she couldn't see me behind the tinted glass. I went on to Abq & completely forgot about her. Then, yesterday, January 2nd, a text came in asking if I was still out here.

A friend had encouraged her to contact me. The Honda Civic she's been living in for the past 3 or 4 years is giving out and her mechanic recently suggested she look for a new vehicle.

I'd noticed a Ford van at Sahuarita Auto Repair for $3,000.00. A few days ago the usually open gates were closed and there was a sign with some phone numbers. Google said the business was permanently closed. When I finally got through to the owner he said he'd be right out.

Leading the way was Robert, the soon-to-be owner. After learning the van won't start, I explained the situation & asked if he had anything else. Robert said he has an '89 R.V. that is a single-owner vehicle he bought to fix up for himself. It's in good condition but has been sitting for five years and needs some work. And now, with the new business, he won't have time to use it. He said it has good tires and he'll sell it for $3,000.00, which would include the cost of getting it running.

I told him I could give him a thousand dollars but I didn't know where I'd get the rest. (My brother-in-law filed my State taxes last year and I got a refund of $850.00 so I almost have it.) Robert said he rents R.V. spaces and that's where the rig is. He said Ariel could rent the space and live in it while we're finding the rest of the money.

I'm gonna go see it Saturday and probably cinch the deal. I haven't in past years, moved this quickly, but time is running short these days. Ariel is excited and making plans to come here from Lemitar, New Mexico, where she's been sleeping on a concrete floor in a shed.


Her sleeping spot


She's around my age and is sensitive to electromagnetic waves. She avoids going into the nearby town of Socorro during times when there's a high demand for electricity. She says she can feel the increase in power; it wreaks havok with her system and is disabling.

 

The carpet she sleeps on


She is also sensitive to certain emanations from rocks and avoids some highways as the mineral deposits are disturbing. She said iron helps protect her and she was comfortable when she was able to camp in a vehicle recycling center (junk yard) sometime in the past. She has a little under $1,000.00 a month and still owes $5,000.00 on the 2004 Civic.


I...we, may need your help soon.


2 comments:

  1. on the news here they talk lots of rain in California. which makes me worry about all you down there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetheart,

      It's all good with no cause to worry.

      The Sierra Mountains block most weather from the West. By the time it gets here it's been tamed.

      It DID snow here last March. I sensed it coming and went to California. I'll try and find the post later.

      xxooxx

      Delete