Thursday, January 26, 2023

It's A Carrot

At the tender age of 16, I adopted Waiting For Godot as my bible. I interpreted the scene wherein Estragon asks Vladimir for a carrot as a statement, perhaps a parody, about desire and motivation.

In my 40s, i leaped from bed each morning, often as early as 3 a.m. The "carrot" was contemporary art.

Sunset



My days of leaping are past and motivation is a ridiculous term. Now, with each awakening, I sometimes find some enthusiasm. If I contemplate meaning, there's wonder at the incomprehensible unknown, sprinkled, maybe, with some curiosity: What chance circumstance might occur today to inflect my psyche? 

The spectrum of my emotions continues to expand as love, in its myriad manifestations, deepens.




Mowing my way through a bag of carrots, I tossed the stub in the general direction of infinity. It caught on the wire. Jung is chuckling.



2 comments:

  1. my always forever carrot, sunshine, is calling me, so i will have to come back and comment properly on this wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that is why i sleep a lot, i have never been waiting for godot? I have been easy to rise all my life, but only for one month in my life i would leap out of bed after say 5 hours of sleep. it was when i was on a month long camping trip and i probably have to admit, that being vertical was slightly more comfortable then being horizontal. Nowadays I am happy to rise, because finally i am in a stage of my life where i do get the sleep i seem to need. No carrot needed. But saying that yes i do eat at least one carrot daily. Kind of like an apple a day.., for me it is a carrot a day.

    ReplyDelete