Friday, April 1, 2022

31st Anniversary

 We celebrate on April first.



The poem is by Anne U. White.


                  I WOULD BE WITH YOU


I have said only that I

       would be with you 

Wherever you go

      and you with me.

There is no time or age

      to this one promise,

      nor any place except the

      one you are.

Knowing this, let it give

      you strength,

      and strength to me,

To make what life brings to each of us

Lovelier than before.


1965






Postscript:

It started at my sister's wedding. Her high-school art teacher came up to me and said if I wasn't doing anything, her daughter could use some help getting her art work out there. That was maybe 1993 and I was Marketing Director of New Mexico Central Credit Union...the clearinghouse for all the other Albuquerque credit unions.

Well, I went to see and by the next Spring we decided to combine households. 

In the interim between my inviting her up to my apartment for some brocolli and us not being exactly sure when Sophie (my cat) and Antoinette, the tortoise,  were fully settled, it all had the feeling of a wonderful event that fit perfectly with All Fools Day. And so it's been.


2 comments: