Saturday, April 23, 2022

The Bright Side


"At least you don't need to be catheterized," was my physician's comment.

On Monastery Road a bit north of Ghost Ranch, the place/area made famous by Georgia O'Keefe.



I HAVE to replace the blue ensolite pad in the car. It's saturated and reeks of pee as does my sleeping bag and, for that matter, so do I.


I'll need a bath and so far, though the sun is out, the wind is cold.

And I feel too weak to get up yet....maybe later. But I'll need to find a shower, laundromat & sporting goods store....in that order. A long day ahead and I'm wondering if an oxycodone would help.

I've been hoarding the last few - prescribed for the pain from the shingles. And though that pain contributes to the weakness, there's just an overall weariness from waking several times during the night to change my diaper and deal with the leakage. 

I got a text from DHL saying the package'd be delivered on the 27th.




I made it through last night w/o any meds, but not sure I have the chutzpuh to deal. 

10 a.m. - I can begin getting dressed to get water at Bodies, the store in Abiquiu.

1 comment: