Saturday, April 23, 2022

What NEXT?!

We got rolling about 12:30...in the afternoon.


There's a long, steep hill that provides -- if you dare take your eyes off the narrow highway -- a magnificent view of the Chama River and the cultivated fields. And just before the hill there's a curve that, for me, requires braking. And as the pedal went to the floor & I felt us run over something, I recognized Phoebe's way of letting me know the front pads needed replacing. (The "bump" was the front disk pad getting run over by the rear wheel.)

Fortunately, right there at the top of the hill there're big turnouts on either side. I yanked the wheel to the right as the guy behind me honked and probably swore...I forgot to signal. (I had taken 2 precious seconds -- when I shoulda been signaling -- to try the brake again and yup, they wuz gone.) So he had his rights, yuh know.

Note hill sign at extreme left.


Geico covered the 69 miles to the Chevy dealership in Santa Fe, but it was another 69 miles to By the Book, in Albuquerque. The bill was $290.54.


My sleeping bag still hasn't been washed nor have I yet had a bath, but Michelle kindly booked me into the Nativo Lodge for three nights....$528.36

I hate to think what the brake-job's gonna cost.

Donations welcome. The Paypal donation button at the upper right of the blog still works (I think) and I'm tapped into Zelle and Venmo. 

The Adventure Continues!!

(Arrived ABQ around 2:30pm)


No comments:

Post a Comment