Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Mt Graham - Near Safford

Perched atop a hill some miles east of Willcox (on I-10) too close to the highway and with a stiff breeze, I was on schedule to arrive Albuquerque to spend a week with Ms. Cook celebrating our 31st anniversary. The forecast was for rain.

But the heartbreak of shingles was too much. Between the fatigue and the pain, I could barely get up to attend to morning bidness...there was no way I was gonna do justice on the dance floor or on the deck of our yacht at the forthcoming Elephant Butte Cup. So, after cancelling the reservations and invoking nomad logic (Ah ain't been thar!), I went north to Safford.


Thatcher and Safford are contiguous like Colorado Springs and Denver...but smaller.


Mt Graham

(from SW of Thatcher)





"Pano" (below) -- $650.00 camera on a $50.00 phone.

Once I realized the deal, I put a lot of effort into returning it.

But Verizon has more caveat's than a car salesman.



The little rain that fell at camp

put a new dusting on the mountain




Sunset









4 comments:

  1. Verizon has us roped in for 30 more months for three "free phones." They do take purty pictures.

    Sorry to read about your shingles. Not fun. My dad had them bad. We were in Wilcox in February. Cochise Stronghold was on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Verizon seems to have the best coverage except for a few places in Idaho and in the Northwest.

      Good to see you back!

      Delete
  2. Mark Reps has authored a series of mysteries centered around Safford.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful scenery.
    well you know i love snow, even if it is just a dusting.

    ReplyDelete