Friday, June 9, 2023

19 Miles to Bishop

Several years ago, after I plucked her business card from a laundromat bulletin board, I met the most creative dresser in Albuquerque. Xannibelle, Xannie for short, is a trained garment maker and makes her own clothes. 

She recently made a mattress cover that she mailed care-of general delivery to Lee Vining.



Due to a shortage of employees, the Lee Vining P.O. was only open from 10 am - 1 pm. Continuing toward Bishop where we planned to meet, I found a pleasant campsite within commuting range.










These two were having a great time!


Somebody in Lee Vining didn't like the elementary school's mascot. A young man (30-something?) who was going into the post office suggested the weight of the snow did it. (Guys! Why do I bother?)

The female student I asked said it happened a few years ago and is a mystery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment