Friday, April 28, 2023

Resupplying In Page

It doesn't get anymore mundane. But at the Safeway bakery I needed the bread to be slices. Afterward, watching her balance the loaf on one hand while sliding the plastic bag over it with the other made the whole trip worthwhile. A performance non-pareil! 

I had beef heart to cook and Phoebe's glovebox refused to stay closed. My small propane bottles, the little green ones, had to be refilled.

I had to take the platform out to solve the glovebox....a bit of a job in itself. I got a bath, sharpened the knife, cut up the meat. Washed dishes afterward. Finally started on glovebox. Got platform in only to realize I forgot to replace floor mat. Platform back out...floor mat in.

Then into town. Walmart app doesn't correspond to store layout. Greeter finally admits she doesn't know where item to be found. Fortunately, Native American woman, an employee, seated nearby, overheard conversation and takes initiative; leads me to it.

In electronics, Walmart manager explains online prices are cheaper than instore. I pointed out I set the app to instore availability. After about ten minutes and mentioning I was gonna contact Corporate, he relented. I saved $3.00 on can of compressed air needed to save laptop keyboard. (Electronic devices and sand don't go together well.)

At Safeway, Customer Service couldn't sell me a roll of quarters (needed for water dispensor). I asked for $2.50 worth and gave her a five. She gave me $2.00 in quarters and three ones. I had to ask for another dollar's worth. She sighed. 🧐

Gas up the hill - from the highway -- is 20¢ a gallon cheaper. I'm going across the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. Last time Phoebe had to be carried the last 15 miles at a cost of $300. At the shop they couldn't figure out why the secondary belt wouldn't stay on. I came back to ABQ and Daniel diagnosed the problem. I've forgotten how much it cost but he was amazed I made it there.

Navajo Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment