Saturday, April 22, 2023

Resistol - $15

My maternal grandfather was a surgeon at Ft Bayard Hospital down the road from Silver City. When he died



of a heart attack at age 55 it was said you could've eaten off the motor of his Cadillac.


Suddenly without income and quite poor, my grandmother, my mother and her brother went to Memphis, Tennessee. 




I never found out why they went there, but Mom told how they, Catholics, were turned away by one charity after another until finally St Vincent D'Paul helped them.

Now, over seventy years later, the legacy of their largesse prompts me to go to their thrift stores first. In need of shirts and boots, I couldn't pass up this Resistol "cattleman" in my size for $15.00.

This is the third application of the Meow Wolf logo. Using my best British accept to mimic Ringo in Yellow Submarine, I go around saying, "Eye've gawt a hōel in me head."

They, St Vincent D'Paul, are in Cottonwood, Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment