Monday, November 7, 2022

Old Route 66

The old highway must've been awe inspiring. And the heat!  With the threat of the radiator boiling over, let alone a failed water pump!

The old route is much prettier than the freeway, but it would've taken some real motivation to drive it. Now it's the occasional youngster on their "organ donor" sport bike and the just-as-occasional olde dood on his Harley trying to recreate those days of yore. And no flyover!



Nice breeze...sunshine. Now, all that's needed are a few willing females; or ONE even. 


My dreams have been vivid vignettes of ambles in idyllic nature or cross-campus errands from my days as ombudsman in the College of Eduation at the University of New Mexico.

When I saw my former boss at The Frontier Restaurant, she said they'd had to hire two people to replace me. Of Italian descent, her parents had immigrated to Gallup to mine coal. She appreciated entreprenuership and let me run my businesses (note plural) from my office on the second floor.

7 comments:

  1. sounds good! And i love your posts because they are short, for me getting into blogging again, short is crucial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this is nice!!Are you s nomad likeNomad Dee?Thanx for coming to my blog,i also got two blogs :)Yes i have much history stuff about females from the viking time.I will write about it later.The kittens are not mine any more..Got a mix now from British shorthair and Perser,Oh well he is pretty wild one !!!See you around an i will folow your tours around !Greetings Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger is essentially dead. Today I attempted to post some comment about ravines being ruts of greater challenge, but was prevented with a line indicating I needed to 'subscribe.' The block occurred at I attempted to reach your blog via a 'back door' (that's uncomfortable) when I was presented with a page showing that you maintained three blogs. Cats? That was unexpected.

    Der Nomade ist ein Katzenliebhaber. The ravine would have provided the closure you prepare for but that would leave Phoebe considerably bruised. We turn around and back up as a result of intuitive or psychic nudges; the next day may be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How bizarre....and annoying. I, of course, have no way of knowing any of this unless someone emails which, as we all know, is about as likely as snow in hell. So, how DID you get through?

      I came to cats late in life when I moved in with One-El. Double-El, my legal spouse, has a cat-sitting business. She takes amazing photos and sometimes captions them with hilarious anthropomorphisms.

      I'm becoming frightened by the steady deterioration of my mind. At the same time there's an increasing appreciation of consciousness. A good shit is becoming an event!

      When to pull the plug?!

      Delete
  4. Art, I'm looking into the "block." Front door, back door, over, under, sideways, down...Access ist Alles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Art, this looks bad. If I wasn't intimidated by Wordpress I'd take Blogger out and shoot it.
    I checked the settings and it SAYS anyone can comment, including anonymous. Please let me know -- via email if need be -- if you encounter further difficulties. Email is at bottom of my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I found it.

    Comments on Cats & All Their Mess was set to Only Those With A Google Account.

    Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

    For anyone else this would likely have been a humbling incident. As it was, I just licked myself (I could only reach my knee) and looked non-plussed.

    ReplyDelete