Friday, November 4, 2022

Lake Meade Ntl Rec Area

What a day!!

Yesterday was rough with an early-morning breakfast and then saying goodbye to She-of-the-Capri.




Still exhausted even after a night's sleep, I got out of camp around 2 today. It's cold and despite my fatigue I was determined to get further south where, hopefully, the clime is milder.

Around 4, I dragged myself through the grocery store in Overton and continued on. By 6 I was well into Lake Meade Ntl Recreation Area and it was dark.

All the roads on Garmin (my navigation system) had been blocked off and there's no dispersed camping. Eventually I got to hwy 149, went north out of the park and found a place. A few swigs of soda-pop wine I picked up on a whim in Green River, Utah helped ease the angst of unloading.

Every now and then I envy those with indoor plumbing...and all the rest.




It WAS a beautiful sunset. 

3 comments:

  1. I have indoor plumbing. The bathroom is where most often I experience angst, unfocused dread and anxiety over the human condition. Coincidentally I end up there after listening to GOP politicians. Sunrise and sunset without walls is a good life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lord, Art! Somehow I hadn't imagined you enduring such *Sturm und Drang.* You come across as so upbeat; are you too of German heritage?

      Delete
    2. No. Four years of German in high school. On German film course in college. Lots of knowledge of Europe WWI and WWII (one of my uncles was with the artillery attached to Patton...first troops crossing the Rhine into Germany; our southern MN area hosted many German POWs as farm laborers). As one withdraws to a small room to do one's business it's claustrophobic, certainly not natural in any sense. Add to that the unpleasantness of plumbing repairs your open air option is attractive.

      Delete