Saturday, September 3, 2022

When It Rains

Gratitude is, for me, an ever-increasing dimension of this phase -- aging.

Despite my ambivalence around the flubbing of my latest attempt to throw in the towel, the eye pain has receeded enough for me to batten the hatches.

This is the first cloudy day in weeks. And I have, in the past, when bad (BAD! BAD! BAD!) weather threatened, usually brought the luggage inside. But with my box of fresh fruit & vegetables from Baker Co-op, I had to come up with another plan. Fortunately -- and this is where the gratitude part comes in -- the eye has settled some and I still, despite the fat, am able to clamber upon the yardarms and various sheets to rig a rain cover.



But, I admit, I'm forced, FORCED I tell you, to rest afterward. (some say afterwardS)



2 comments:

  1. The international standard for that sort of thing is the blue tarp. It deteriorates in the sun. Strands of blue tarps appear in every bird and rodent nest. As you know, blogging is dead, blogger in particular (I still use it). A recent article claimed that no one at Google actually works on blogger; it's on life support. A few years ago I followed a blogger guy who had traveled the country in a bus and ended up in the deep south where he bolted a second bus to the first where they began their return to the earth, tire by tire. Each day he posted of his food, bus improvements, pleasures of the flesh with multiple women and I don't recall what else. One day his post was unintelligible, much like 'ier9vneveer *(--92' and that was that. A few days later someone (a niece) posted that the guy had had a stroke, did a blog post because that's what he did and then died. Do you have a post-rebreather post prepared, or will your blog just end. Perhaps in the rainy moments of your vagabond travels you could write one for each month of a year or two that could be shared post-rebreather. Life, via blog, post-life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...the blue tarp. Not even remotely like The Blue Flower. You DID see my answer on *In Search of Sasquatch,* didn't you?

    ReplyDelete