Friday, September 2, 2022

Baker City - LSD

Yesterday's eye pain resulted in a hyper-state that I've read about in BDSM articles wherein the induced pain results in a whole-body experience some find pleasurable. I did not.

But it felt interesting enough to prompt me to augment it with a microdose of LSD. And contrary to my usual inclination to "do it in the woods," I went into Baker City.  Motto of the day: Keep it simple.

There're (supposedly) a lot of bears in the area and though I've not seen a one, I've seen their "calling cards." 


Small bears


It seemed cruel to leave sardine and smoked oyster cans lying about. But I was running out of inside storage.

In addition, the "wonderful" Grayl 24 ounce geopress water purifier so highly recommended by a woman who'd traveled with one in Africa for two years, became inoperable. There's a beautiful stream about ten minutes away, but one bout of Giardia cured me of succumbing to a pretty face. I now filter all "wild" water.

With the breakdown of the Grayl, thirst became an issue. And so, into town I went. It was an amazing journey...highlighted by extraordinary kindness from all the people I encountered.

Unwashed and with several days of beard, my foremost interest was Boric Acid Solution, a liquid with mild anti-bacterial and anti-fungal with time-honored use as an opthalmic. I wandered from Safeway to Rite-Aide (a REAL pharmacy) where I, with all the drama and indignity of a Shakespearian play said, "Surely you Jive?!?!" when the pharmacist said they had none, adding that "I should check up front." 

At the register, whilst inquiring of the cashier, a pharmacist appeared and said she had checked and indeed, as the original minion had stated, there was none to be had.

At Albertson's the pharmacy was closed for lunch. Unable to see well enough to read the labels, I found myself picking up a bottle of castor oil in the enema section. It prompted me to realize things could be worse. Enlisting the aide of a customer, she assured me there was none. ONWARD! 

In the parking lot I called two pharmacies in La Grande. No luck. And with that, I gave up.

After googling Sporting Goods I ended up at ACE Hardware where I was getting new "feet" for the porta-toilet. 




Trapped in a line bounded by shelves of gummie bears, candy bars and other assorteds, I shouted to a fellow standing nearby if they had any water purifiers. He waved his hand at a wall display that looked beyond my current mental capacity. I paid for the "feets" and left. 

Wanting to enjoy the trip, I pulled into the library parking just as someone was leaving a shady spot. I spent a sort-of pleasant hour being reminded of how noisy cities are. Geiser Park has a pretty stream running through, lovely trees and grass, happy children and lovers cavorting and is adjacent highway 30, which was, on this day, funneling the freeway traffic around a slowdown on interstate 84. The semi trucks, vacationers, local hot-rodders all made an impression. I left.

Looking for good food, I decided to stop at the Co-op. Here I found a cornucopia of local blackberries, blueberries, tomatoes, huge, firm peaches from Fair Haven Orchard; raw cheeses, including a delicious smoked gouda. And to top it off, they had a homeopathic treatment for dry eye, a remedy I'd had luck with in the past, albeit the prev was allopathic. With a box-load of wholesomeness, I set sail.

Water and garbage had been expeditiously dispatched at the City Offices in Haines. 

Fortunately, I'd marked the way in my GPS. It's pretty far out there and at one point, only once though, did I need to check coordinates; in other words, I was lost. But eventually...all was well. 

Tonight I'll have beef tartare with Fields grassfed. Keep it simple...no open flames or dishes to wash.






A wonderful drug!

2 comments:

  1. I have found boric acid eye wash solution at Walmart at several different locations over the years. Also you may want to order some from Amazon? I know you can't have it shipped to where you are when you're out and about, but to home base to pick up later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anon,

      Thank you for the suggestion of Amazon. Albuquerque used to be home base, but this past year or so I feel I've finally wrested myself free.

      And though my destination is by whim, I've, on occasion, tried to FORCE myself to go somewhere by having something sent to General Deluvery...though even THAT has proved insufficient.

      Delete