Thursday, December 30, 2021

Gillespie Dam Bridge

So, the other day when it was nearing sundown and I was looking for a place to camp, there happened to be a bright green field with egrets. And just as happendly the road went up a hill. And there, atop the hill, was open land. I pulled in and spent the remains of the day watching the egrets fly a short distance to their roost.

The next day, motoring down the far side (of the hill) and passing over the Gila River, I spied what I thought must be storks. On the other side of the bridge a large family of motorcyclists was clambering up to THE INTERPRETIVE CENTER so I went on.

But this time I had it to myself.

American White Pelicans

(Are there German White Pelicans?) 



The history of the bridge:

https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=54936





Swirling Birds & Egret






Run This Way



No comments:

Post a Comment