Thursday, December 16, 2021

Compensation

On Thursday, 2, December, 2021, whilst perusing the website of the Schweitzerhof Hotel in Luzern, Switzerland, I came across a misprint in the LOGOS section that granted unlimited permission to use the hotel's logo. I sent the hotel an email, but never heard back.


Schweitzerhof Luzern


I began my career at the University of New Mexico Press where I spent four years under the tutelage of the then Associate Marketing Director (name with-held by request).

Eventually, I found my way to the Marketing Directorship of New Mexico Central Credit Union where I answered to the President.

Two weeks after I left the credit union I got a call inviting me to apply for the position of Marketing Director for Bank of America's office in Albuquerque. I declined, saying I'd leased a gallery and was now a full-time art dealer.

In 2009, I was working with the marketing firm Nakheel to complete the final details of an exhibit in Dubai. (Nakheel handled marketing of The Trees) I lost my working capital in the market crash of that year and subsequently closed my business.

Now, with death drawing nigh, I ask: What is my time worth? My billing rate of $350.00/hr USD now seems paltry.

What do YOU think would be just compensation from a five-star hotel with a history dating back nearly 100 years?

You'd think at least a Thank You might've been forthcoming.

4 comments:

  1. I've found a lot of those sorts of contractual errors and never received a thank you or compensation. I would have bettered myself to self the findings to the scammers and crooks...like the wormhole I found for doctors to receive compensation for multiple births per day for the same patient (Blue Cross Plan). The claims side of processing did not exclude it because who would have multiple single births in a day. The payment side simply paid what came from the claims side of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good lord!

      The avarice is disheartening, isn't it?

      Did you alert anyone to the loophole?

      Delete