Monday, August 26, 2019

Ms. Pickett



Camped, as I was, just up the road from a small campground on the West Fork of the Dolores River,



and lacking a filter, I ventured in to inquire about potable. Barely had I passed the pay station when I espied Ms. Pickett rising to greet me.

Somehow we got on the subject of nomadicism and she proudly told of the past five years in her Toyota Tacoma with 4wd. The shell covered just the truck bed and barely gave room to sit up. Inside was a neatly arranged single bed, small Hindu(?) shrine and a box of books. There was so little "else" I could only marvel at her asceticism. But when she started to take off her shirt I couldn't help but comment, "I love it when women take their clothes off." Giving me a look that could've frozen anti-freeze, she unselfconsciously shared this beautiful art work.



She'd designed it based on several images of Hanumon.


Her glowing commentary on the Womens' RTR and Bob Wells leant additional credence (as if there was ANY doubt) to Bob's designation as the patron saint of nomads.

You just never know who you'll run into out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment