Thursday, August 29, 2019

Mouse!

Searching for a lullaby, I chanced upon a reminder of  "Saturday morning tv." It aptly portrays a recent encounter.






Lying there at 3:00 a.m. -- delivering intermittent swats to the dash (from whence the sounds of gnawing came) --  I puzzled over when it'd come aboard. With dawn's break in rumination, I hied to the ACE (hardware) and got one of each.

No "Catch & release" stuff, I got a pair (you can't buy just one) of yea olde, wood-platformed models, two contemporary, upgraded versions with plastic bait holders and veeeerry slippery release mechanisms, and some eat-and-die (sucker!!) bait.  


After a fine-toothing removal of all crumbs-und-morsels from Phoebe's interior, I deployed the armaments. In less than ten minutes it was over. 

A monster! Not a rat, but definitely trophy-size.


With the arsenal stowed atop the roof, I'm ready. But I'm thinking of starting RENT A CAT?



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Excellent suggestion!

      A sociable, eight-foot or ten-foot corn snake might be just the ticket.

      Delete