Saturday, August 17, 2019

Jozien









Dutch pronunciation: Yo-zeen. Southwest (Hispanic influence) pronunciation: Ho-see-en.

We met in summer of 2010. Enroute to say goodbye to a sweetheart in Alaska who was dying of cancer, a large sign on the highway said ART Lot 64. I made a Ueee and with naught but a glance at the subdivision map, drove to her house.

Over the following weeks our emails grew increasingly intimate. On my way back I stopped to linger. She showed me the beauty of the area, a wilderness that included 2:00 a.m. visits from wolves (they reminded me of prankster teens: "Let's go howl outside his door."), swans flying up/over the Takhini River (where I camped) and sidelong glances from European hikers (the mens' lingered) who chanced upon us en flagrante on the beach of Lake Kusawa.

Dutch, she's one of the most fearless and adventurous women I've known. An artist, she shared an interest in beauty and the figure.



Recently I began an email message with:

I read about this guy in WSJ Magazine. He does nice work don't you think?


http://www.mikaeljansson.com


She rejoined with:

hi, good to hear from you!
How are you!
Maybe this is a hint for me to send you a picture...i will look today:) and oldie from ...i forgot his name...am i starting to be more forgetful?, probably.


(I got tired of waiting and decided to post the one below -- taken by her husband
.)

Kelsall Lake, British Columbia
Article in What's Up Yukon by Jozien







But yes  very beautiful work indeed, is it a magazine?  I love his action women, also some nudity even, that is good.
only.....did you notice that is only very young, some look 14 , only women and only slender bodies, probably also with mostly firm good sized boobs.
sigh. not very good Michael no matter if he is indeed very talented. a loss really for society. if we only want to portray such image in beauty.
beauty can be so much more.

he how are  the women in your life, i mean the relationships. I don't think i wrote back yet about the groceries. of course (here she had her husband's name which I deleted) and I might have discrepancies in that department, but we stick together despite of it, And the groceries do get done.

In your blog i don't always get a picture of what you are up to, but i can understand the vagueness. 




By way of explanation: We'd had a discussion about bears in which she pointed out that bears are bears and they should not be blamed for being themselves. The end result was the aphorism: Do not blame the bear.

So then, after her comments about the stereotypical depiction of beauty I wrote:


Yes, this is fashion photography. It is like any art...not a depiction of the "norm."

But do you not see the irony of YOU, who have the body nearly every woman envies, saying these are only young and with large breasts? Society has always defined beauty, but it is tragic that people compare themselves and feel inadequate...rather than simply admiring those who have the attributes. As we ALL know, beauty is MUCH more than mere appearance. But it is unfortunate that we have so much difficulty seeing and appreciating our own, individual beauty.

Do not blame the bear. ; - 

XXXXOOOOXXX



And finally:

AttachmentsJun 26, 2019,
lol, i know i do have a certain body, and certainly not typical facial features... and i know it has always been tempting for me to show myself in a way that...appeals to what i think many women envy, or men like to look at... but i have attempted for sure to show myself also in less what i think attractive ways.
but i think all people  are,  maybe secretly, quite happy to have there features. I do believe in the fact that in the end most of us will come to the conclusion, that being stuck in our bodies, we want to be stuck right then and there, just as we are.
Ask your girlfriends, if they would want to trait with me or anybody else for that matter, i think they all say, no i rather be me. And how about you?

And i stick to my point, that due to artists like this, we struggle with our self image.

Am i one of those artist unwittingly...i hope not

J. xoxox  



1 comment: