Sunday, March 17, 2024

Lilac Trees

The husband of an acquintance, delirious, went over the edge...crying for his mom and his first wife. 

I think it was Joanna who asked if my mom was depressed. At the time, I didn't think so, but years later, as I remember being rocked on her shoulder and her singing her version of this song, I think she probably was.


Tap image to goto lyrics



They were married seven or eight years before I was born. During that time they visited Paris, skiied the Alps and lived in Friede Wagner's home in Bayreuth. The last was in appreciation for his work as a double-agent.

After I was born he was away, fighting in Korea. If not depressed, I know she missed him.

The dizzyness when I sat up last night had me gagging for awhile. Fortunately, I had nothing in my stomach, and have eaten very little these past couple of weeks.

This morning, as the syncope took hold, I was able, before I fell, to lie down on the kitchen floor.


I'm comin' close to calling for her.




No comments:

Post a Comment