Wednesday, March 6, 2024

EXIT Intn'l Thank You

It''s been a mere year and a half that Medical Aid In Dying (MAID) has been available in New Mexico. One group is revelling while another is working to have it removed.

Though a step in the right direction, the hospice nurse I recently spoke with  said I had to pick a date and time so a physician could hand me the lethal cocktail. This is a ridiculous requirement.

Here is a Thank You letter from a daughter whose parents were able to assert their right of "body autonomy." A human right, it is, sadly, only recognized in Switzerland. 




Information is available in the Peaceful Pill Handbook at:




2 comments:

  1. Is your comment that the procedure is 'ridiculous' because a doctor needs to be scheduled? Do you want the cocktail in the frig to be consumed when you wish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly.

      As convinced as I am of the ease & efficacy of nitrogen, it is, as we all knpw, illegal for anyone to be complicit in my "checking out." I'd like my transition to be similar to how I imagine hang-gliding: friends are nearby; there's the excitement and anticipatory thrill of stepping off as-it-were; a "happy" moment. MAID at least offers the potential. But scheduling it feels similar to scheduling love-making.

      Delete