Monday, September 4, 2023

White Rogue at Lithia Park

An interesting event occurred this afternoon when I went to Lithia Park. 

Here're my "notes"....

There is a numinousness still active. I read in my 2016 notes of the sculptures & Japanese Garden in Lithia Park. 

Walking toward Cotton Memorial Grove, the trail became crowded; I took a small path that led steeply uphill. Astonished by my resiliency, though I had to stop to get my breath, I was doing it. After a few hundred feet, I took a side trail to sit on a log. A young woman, perhaps of East Indian descent, came by. I asked about the pulsing water but she didn't know. We commenced.

I told of my fear of death and coming here for psilocybin therapy. She told of having lost the keys to her rental Rogue. She had only $200 in her checking account, but felt she'd get through it. Before leaving, she asked my name. "Mike," I said and sat to rest.

Soon a younger woman came by. I asked about the pulsing water and she explained. I asked if she'd found some keys and told of the other woman. As she went down the trail, forty feet from where I was seated, she found the keys. I described the other woman's attire, her white Rogue and encouraged her to hasten. 

As I neared the bottom of the path, Lost Keys came around the corner. I told her they'd been found, described the younger & with a shout of delight, she ran off, threatening to return to chat more.



I was only able to walk a short distance, but found a comfortable bench. It'd been over a half hour since she went away. For a moment I'd been useful.

She was waiting in a grassy area by the car. She's 37, works in "supply-chain" in Portland and came to Ashland to visit family. I asked her name, but was tired, and forgot it.

She asked some questions such as: How does one get really rich? Is money worthwhile? She was and had been micro-dosing mushrooms for three days.

I asked her what she thought of what had just happened around finding her keys. She didn't know. I mentioned numinosity and she said she had to go. The whole thing was very diff from being shot at last Spring.


4.Sept.

I had asked her what music she was listening to. She replied, "Native healing." I asked her to send me some and this morning these appeared.





1 comment:

  1. I would agree. That was an interesting series of events. I lost my keys once on the Florida beach that I slept on near St. Augustine, Florida. We searched the area around where we slept, and I kicked them up purely by accident. I don't play the lottery because I figure I've used up all of my luck for this lifetime, due to this and other events.

    ReplyDelete