Friday, July 21, 2023

Yaquina & Dorothy Marie

It was time to make reservations in Albuquerque. I drove out to the South Jetty of the Rogue River where there's strong signal. A Mini Cooper shot by and got stuck in the sand. After I pulled Glen Vienna out, we commenced.

He and Sally spend half the year traveling on their 47' boat, Dorothy Marie (link is to their blog), and half the year on their RV. His son lives near Gold Beach and they're visiting.

He said they enjoy cruising the west coast of Mexico. I 'splained I've been wanting to go but besides the fambly crisis (plural), I was worried about being sold into slavery. Vienna said the propaganda about Mexico is all bullshit. They drive down to where their boat's stored in Mexico and cruise around until the weather changes. And they've been all over the Pacific...in a boat. 

And then the Yaquina did a pirouette in the mouth of The Rogue. An Army Corp of Engineers boat, I went over it from stem to stern with binoculars and didn't see a speck of rust. 







The price of a room at The Quality Inn is currently $64.00. The second week of October, when I plan to visit, it's $400.00. That's what Balloon Fiesta does.



The Bridge Over The Rogue



No comments:

Post a Comment