Sunday, May 28, 2023

The Goat Lady

On my way to Lovelock Cave I noticed some goats that looked different. I went to the ranch and met Carl and Gloria, The Goat Lady. The breed is called Boar; it's known for the meat.

It's against the law to sell meat that's not USDA approved, but you can give it away.

My guess is there's about 7 pds here. Without refigeration I have my work cut out for me.

10:47 am Monday: I'm in Paleo heaven. I started with the two chops which're mostly fat. I heated 'em to temperature and took them off; I like meat rare. The first had me using both hands and chewing sideways. The flavor is out of this world! The second was the opposite; tender, melting on the tongue...delicate, refined and equally OMG! Real food!

The fat, unmanageable until cooked into submission, is taught manners by being subjected to heat until,



it finally, grudgingly, consents to the knife whereupon it's cut into pieces and deep-fried in its own grease.


The result is something lost to America's fascination with cholesterol but is, for me, worth the heart attack.

The rendered fat gets saved to use in making Canadian Boy Scouts bannock.



4 comments:

  1. Blogger messing with me. I like the taste of goat. Sounds like you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello John,

      Blogger suddenly seems to be messing with everyone, especially when it comes to commenting.

      I can't remember where I first had it, but I've only come across it here and there. The Goat Lady was wonderfully generous. I've already polished off the two packages of chops and made the burger late this evening. It's all been delicious!

      Delete
  2. I managed half of a sentence: "I like the taste of" and my comment suddenly published. That was a little ambiguous for my mild self-diagnosed ocd.

    Glad to read about your rambles. My hitch itch has me traveling north and east in a few days. Hope Greg is doing ok. I fade in and out of blogging, but he is usually consistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger COMMENTS is messing with people.

      You both have have been quiet for over a month. I'm gonna nudge Greg and see what his excuse is.

      I thought about Justin when I saw the ONE handicapped parking place at Stillwater Ntl Wildlife Refuge. There were other places where a chair could be offloaded, but none of the trails were "accessible." How are the "children?" They're adults now but being old, anyone under 30 seems like a child.

      Delete