Monday, May 8, 2023

Panaca Market

Michelle and I travel the world to find the finest doughnuts. Up 'til now, Irish Maid in Fort Smith, Arkansas has held the top spot. But we now have, at least until Michelle tries 'em, a tie.



Panaca Market makes 'em right there. I spied the last chocolate-covered creme filled tittering behind the YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE sign.


I took it out to the edge of town under the shade of a big cottonwood where I could give it my full attention. The creme filling was a suprise. Perfect sweetness combined with with an equally perfect texture. I was DEFINITELY going back for more.

The tiny strüdels are delicacies non-pareil with strong notes of The Fatherland in every morsel. The cherry- infused bearclaw was a new sensation! And the down- pillow-esque quality of each was what sweet dreams are made of.

Unlike my buddy and his Indian motorcycle, who, when I asked where he was off to, would reply with something like The Roswell Dairy Queen; it was an excuse to ride. This is no excuse...this is a DESTINATION.

No comments:

Post a Comment