Friday, May 19, 2023

Wild Burro Range

It came strolling across my view, twirling its cane. After striking this provocative pose, it twiched its tail a couple of times; I made appreciative compliments and expressed admiration and envy.

Recognizing the tableau and the exquiste circumstances that'd brought us together: the closure of highway 120, being enroute to meetup with She-of-the-Capri, and, most traumatically, NO PIE! at Benton Station, I snapped its portrait.

Lizard On a Rock



See it...on top, near the rightmost point?

The Marietta Wild Burro Range is on highway 360 a tad over 7 miles from where it intersects 95. It cuts the corner between 6 and 95 and provides a slower-paced respite from 95's hell-bent-for-leather. And the solitude provides a quiet spot in which to lick the wound of the loss at Benton Station. See:



1 comment:

  1. I keep saying, your photos are fantastic. I also really like that photo in the last post, boundery peak. if i was into poster, that would be a poster one for me.

    ReplyDelete