Thursday, February 23, 2023

Sexuality, Sensuality & Spirituality

Description:

Come explore the different intersections of sexuality, sensuality, and spirituality in life through structured, confidential group discussion. This discussion group is for folks who are LGBTQ+, spiritual-but-not-religious, sacred BDSM practitioners, sex magick witches, energy workers, Tantrikas, mystics, seekers, philosophers, neuroscientists, and those that are just curious and open-minded.


There were two couples, and me; all younger than my children might be (my daughter is 52); it was interesting to see how focused and empathic they were.

The main topic was chronic pain. There was disussion of coping techniques including attempts to transform it into masochistic pleasure (no one had had much success).


My notes, edited for anonymity:

I tried to give an example of psychic vertical & horizontal split, but hadn't grasped the concepts sufficiently.

Moderator was familiar and described being spanked -- administered as punishment -- up to the age of 12.

Once she asked her Dom for a beating.... something beyond her "comfort level." As it proceded, the onion (I had mentioned the metaphor of "peeling") CRACKED open...to her core; her psyche collapsed. (This was tough listening to)

The Dom stopped immediately and -- she didn't give details -- but comforted her while she went through it. She said she was so grateful he was an older man (I got a very brief glance -- do I project? -- of interest) and knew what to do.

We were nearing the end and, uncomfortable about probing further, I emphasized how impprtant my relationships, both personal & w therapists, have been and are. I explained I view "caring" as synonymous with spirituality and gestured to indicate to them the importance (sanctity, if you will, though I didn't say it) of their relationships. I choked (brought close to tears) as I spoke and mentioned She-of-the-Capri, her Ph.D. and work as my "personal" clinician.

I don't know if they heard the catch in my throat but I could see from their smiling, youthful faces they were hearing me and appreciating the love they shared with their partners (spouses).

The other couple were also sensitive, articulate and wrangling psychological stuff plus chronic pain.

Moderator's spouse made the point that psychological pain can be chronic.

It, the session, was as much therapy as anything, but WAY better than any group I've prev attended.

Their website.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot was going on at several levels. It never occurred to me that chronic pain might be redirected to masochistic pleasure. However, the brain is a powerful thing. I need to google sex magick witches. That’s a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty vanilla compared to many of the folks, but three out of my five relationships over the past twenty years had or have an interest in BDSM. So I've gotten drawn into it.

      I've been impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, the atmosphere of Willkommen and the integrity of the Desert Dominion people.

      Today there's a workshop from 3-6 on e-stim and Sunday I'll help set up for the afternoon potluck.

      As a group, the kink community is more interesting...and diverse than any other I've encountered. And they don't seem to hold it against me that I'm straight, cis-gendered and old.

      Delete
  2. Interesting, but I'm tied up right now.

    ReplyDelete