Friday, February 3, 2023

Shingles

I think it's peaked, but the last week or so has been fraught with weirdnesses...and pain. I finally realized it was ANOTHER bout of shingles!

It's gotten to where I attribute everything to my heart condition. So when my feet & toes went numb I figured it was poor circulation. Maybe so, but as the fierceness of the burning in the thighs subsides, sensation is returning to my feet. And the hip pain, so bad at times it hurt to stand, is also slowly diminishing.

Reviewing my post from last time, March 17, 2022, I had some of the same symptoms.

The fatigue is the weirdest. I'd forgotten how exhausted I felt throughout the several weeks the last episode lasted. Then too, I blamed it on inadequate circulation. Now, as I feel a bit of strength returning, I'm thinking maybe I will enter that 10k triathalon.

6 comments:

  1. Your pain motivates me to go down the shingles vaccination route, so in a sense "Thank you for your pain." I know it's miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little wary of these vaccines. I got the first of two of the Morena for Covid and within a couple of weeks had several -- as in 6 or 7 -- attacks of Bell's Palsey (BP). SUPPOSEDLY, BP is a one-event thing that "soon" diminishes. Mine reoccurred every week or so and lasted several days. It caused my teeth to ache and I would drool from that side. It finally stopped, but I still wonder if it potentiated the Shingles.

      Delete
  2. Shall I follow along with an empty wheelbarrow just in case during your 10k?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg,

      You are just SSOOOO thougjtful.

      Now, where'd I put that wet noodle I keep for these occaions?

      Delete
  3. The Epstein-Barr Virus can cause deep, debilitating fatigue. Have you ever been tested?

    Shingles are horrid. I'm sorry you're plagued by that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was diagnosed with Epstein-Barr and fibromyalgia over 20 years ago. I've never ascertained how or who from I contracted it. I did a twelve-month regimine of acyclovir that helped some, but I never regained my stamina. I've fought fatigue and weight gain for the last 20+ years.

      The shingles followed on the Bell's Palsey (last Spring after Covid shot) and I can't help but think they're related. I've been spritzing my lwgs with Dragon Botanical spray and that has helped reduce the pain. But it's INTENSE!

      Delete