Wednesday, February 22, 2023

New Hats

On 22, Feb, they each received a "stampede tie" from Arizona Hatters, the string (laces salvaged from the White's boots) that keeps 'em on in a wind. This involved expert installation of metal eyelets (black one can be seen on the port side one of the straw).



The straw was $5.00 and the fabric (from a Tucson, Goodwill) was $14.00.

The "donut" is from Meow Wolf in Fanta Se. Its pink sprinkles are (inquiring minds had to call to find out) stylized letters Q, the logo for the Quantum Interdimensional Depot, their "facility" in Denver.

I found the purple frawg in a gift shop somewhere intending to gift it to someone. They never appeared and after several years I decided that with my gaping maw and expanding girth I look just like it. Purple has been my fav color since I noticed hyacinths as I walked to first grade in Rolla, Missouri.

9.Apr.23 - The straw lasted two months. The stampede string ripped rhrough, cutting a gash along the base of the brim that made the string, and thus the hat, useless. The decal transferred to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment