Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Coleman Blown Away

The wind was blowing sumpin' fierce when I heard a crash. I pulled over and noticed the rope that holds the for'ard boxes on the roofrack was loose. I cinched it and went on. The next morning when I went to make breakfast, I discovered the stove was missing. 


WHY did it not occur to me the crash was the sound of the stove ending its flight?



Adaptation is the word for the times. My backpacking stove means the toast'll be cold by the time the eggs are poached.


It could be worse. And it probably won't be long.

5 comments:

  1. I was gona write a comment, but now I forget what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you had a backup. Two burners=parallel path. One burner=serial path (series in electric speak). It just changes time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great philosophy teacher who once 'splained to me the diff tween Boolian algebra and Cartesian. I have a recollection of one of 'em -- the algebras -- proving that parallel lines meet. But I looked for that stove several times and couldn't find Hyde nor O'hare.

      Delete
    2. Euclidean...not Cartesian

      Delete