Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Incontinence Devices

The one on the left, the unisex one, worked now and then, but I had to pull my testicles outside the device and wedge the side of it into the side of my groin to create a seal. If I lay on my back the seal broke and it leaked. Likewise if I turned on my other side; I had to move it over and hope to create a seal. More often than not, it didn't work. It looks as if it would work for a woman.



I had high hopes for the one on the right as it looked more "ergonomic." Unfortunately, I was unable to figure out how to secure it tightly against my groin and it just wouldn't stay on. Plus, the band that secures the upper cloth part goes around close to my navel. My stomach is so huge there's no way it'd stay in place...there's not enough flat surface.

Lastly, I'm of average size and found the opening to be tight. A small dose of lubricant facilitated.






It's amazing, isn't it, what there is to discover?

"Olde age ain't for sissies," she said. "I'm in trouble," I rejoined.

4 comments:

  1. Hummm. Makes ya think about just folding the damn thing over and putting a chip-clip on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! A great idea, but unfortunately I'm too big a wuss for that. I've ordered the more expensive model.

      Delete
  2. You're in a challenging phase of life. Most of us 'long in the tooth' find new deficiencies with increasing regularity. My normal approach is to say something stupid for other's slippages in wholeness. So...are you aware that rodents such as mice and rats have no bladders. They are incontinent, dribbling as they go. They can follow their path in reverse and others may follow them, unlike the 'great but flawed bread crumb' strategy of Hansel and Gretel. If you lose your way, put your nose to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Art, sage advice for rodents. Thank you for that but I've no desire to go back...always "further." Wholeness would be nice but the issues that previously sent me to the brink involved extreme levels of pain. Incontinence is messy but it's providing an avenue of exploration that though is perhaps fetishistic, offers interesting nuances in "loss of control."

      Having spent extensive amounts of time (with therapists) discussing spilt milk, I'm now, though not "making lemonade," am able to manifest some curiosity (see very first blogpost).

      And though my intimates might contend my assertion, my accounts of my circumstances aren't complaints; the blog serves as a chronologic & geographic reference that helps me find stuff in my journal.

      Delete