Sunday, June 26, 2022

Luis Jaramillo - Accordionist

The strap had broken on my new accordion and I wasn't able to get in touch with Tony Tomei, the guy I bought it from. I called The Accordion Club in Albuquerque and they gave me Luis's number.

I told Luis I was only in town for three days and he said, "Bring it by."

He called the next day and asked me to come take a look (see: Accordion Repairs, 22, June). When I arrived the next day to pick it up, I had the afternoon free and we commenced to visiting.

A famous former Mariachi performer and now a gospel singer who performs at churches throughout the Albuquerque Metropolitan Area, I was honored to be able to record these two songs. 

What A Day That Will Be (lyrics & music by Jim Hill)



Yo No Soy De Aqui (I am not from here)


There was not a dry eye in the house.


1 comment: