Thursday, June 23, 2022

Bluewater Creek Canyon

Bluewater's famous for having one of the last remaining Bowlin's outposts. Nothing's certain, but I think they were once affiliated with the long-departed Stuckey's, famous for their pecan log rolls, rubber tomahawks and polished stones. They also own The Thing, a roadside attraction in Arizona.

It's a four-wheel-slog up the hill to the canyon overlook. There were still large ponds swarmin' with 'gators, piranha and deep, deep mud.



I walked (I amaze even myself!) the last 1,500 feet.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I couldn't see the water. The canyon was too deep and narrow and there was a lot of shrubbery.

      Delete
  2. I met my first husband at the Bluewater Inn in Bluewater, New Mexico. And you're probably thinking, "la de da"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no....I didn't know there WAS or IS a Bluewater Inn. So, I learned something. Is it still there?

      Delete