Sunday, June 26, 2022

Home At Last!

I arrived in Flagstaff to find the National Forest closed. Fortunately, having traveled this way many times, I knew a place.

This morning I discovered there are pot shards scattered about in an area of volcanic ash where it seemed unlikely there'd have been anyone camped. Still, it was nice to know they'd been here. Somehow the shards are more appealing than Bud Light cans.

By the time I was nearing the Vermilion Cliffs, it was time for a nap. When I awoke, I could hear the sound of running water. I crossed the highway to find this flash flood in progress.





Exploring roads I'd noticed on previous trips, I came out to an overlook a few miles below Lee's Ferry. The morning sun'll light the cliffs.





I wonder if the strains of accordion practice reached Cliff Dwellers Lodge?

No comments:

Post a Comment