Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Waiting For Godot

I finished the 9th grade with Ds & Fs but passed the G.E.D. with a score more than adequate to enter the University of Texas at El Paso.

Instead, at age16, I went north to a concert in Denver featuring Jimi Hendrix, Big Brother & the Holding Company, Frank Zappa and several others. Afterward, in Boulder, I was inducted into Spring School, an alternative for dropouts. One of the other student's dad was renowned Beckett scholar, Vivian Mercier. 

I read it on one of my early LSD trips and imnediately declared it "my bible." 

I laughed so hard during Tricklock's production in Albuquerque I tipped over the chair and fell on the floor. What might've at another time been a faux pas appeared to be appreciated by the actors and, I like to think, spurred them on to the performance that 30 years later remains a high point of my life.

Cogitating on what to do next, I thought to travel the west attending performances. A fine whim if ever there was.



Waiting For Godot (2001)

Directed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg


Barry McGovern - Vladimir
Johnny Murphy - Estragon
Alan Stanford - Pozzo
Sam McGovern - boy



Lucky's Speech

Stephen Brennan - Lucky



No comments:

Post a Comment