Saturday, March 26, 2022

Shootist

I was nearing Willcox, AZ around 3:15pm and decided to wash my hair b4 going into town. I thought I was away from any houses and pulled off onto the south-side shoulder of W Airport Rd.

I had my hair soaped when I heard shots and the sound of a bullet striking metal nearby. There were trees along the road blocking my view but it sounded as if the gun was aimed in my direction. The shooting continued and I could hear ricochets whining away. I finished up and with shots still coming, slowly pulled forward. The shooting stopped as soon as I started moving. 

As I emerged from behind the trees I saw a guy standing next to a blue-gray house wearing a black scarf over the lower portion of his face. I had the window 1/2 down and seeing me he waved an AR-15 above his head; I continued to slowly drive past as he concentrated on walking toward the house entrance. 



I got the address from Google Maps...8487 W Airport Rd, Willcox AZ 85643 in case you wanna stop by and see if you can engender a repeat performance.

2 hours later I contacted the police. They said cuz no witnesses it'd be his word against mine. I said I just wanted to file a report for future reference. But it was nearly 2 a.m. b4 I fell asleep.

Things are getting out of hand when people start shooting at tourists stopped for a few minutes on the roadside.



5 comments:

  1. wow that is horrible, i am glad you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So long as there are no witnesses, anything goes? That is so messed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in all my years of travel, starting at age 15, I think this was prossibly the most bizarre incident. So I guess that's not too bad a record. I started to turn into his yard to find out what what he was thinking, but decided not. Curiosity killed the cat, donchyaknow.

      Delete
  3. Holy moly this is crazy! Glad you are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      At the time I figured he must be able to see me. The bullets were rococheting off something metal very close by snd yet he didn't shoot ME.

      The waving of the gun over his head as I drove by was equally weird. I never imagined someone so nuts!

      Delete