Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Quartzsite

My power of recollection being what it is, I have to wonder if the change is as dramatic as it seems. Where I recall two vehicles in 2017, there were now 20 or more.


My energy being what it is, I had to wait until I'd recovered from the move in order to move again. I took advantage of the cavalcade to hand out Western Watersheds' newletters, a somewhat similar experience to Amanda Palmer standing on her box giving away flowers.

Each encounter, in the wilds, is personal. The general paranoia being what it is, I feel as much like an ambassador of goodwill as a purveyor of information about livestock depredation. 


Wishing You Were Here



Being far from a large city as we are, one surmises there must be a mine or powerplant nearby. There was a time not too long ago when no one thought about air quality. Besides, it was out in the desert where no one goes.



 

But at a distance of less than a couple of miles, it's concerning. (Donchya just love that...it's concerning? For a while we had meme, now: concerning. But, you know, meme's not a word yuh kin be watchin' tv with a Bud in yer hand and use in a sentence real easy. It takes, yuh know, a certain amount of je ne sais quoi. But concerning, ennybody ken use that.) 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hear & obey.

      Reviews, expositions and tales of wondrous encounters will no doubt be forthcoming.

      Delete