Sunday, January 9, 2022

As Close As We're Gonna Get

The road goes past a game water entrenchment and ends about 500' (152 m) from the Kofa boundary. I managed to walk 200' further, but despite having taken my meds the angina flared and had me wondering if I'd make it back to the car. I'm still not in the habit of pocketing the nitroglycerin before ambling about...and after nearly two years, still not used to being this constrained.



It's at those times, when pain refuses to be ignored, that it helps to be in a place so beautiful. One can, at least for the moment, side-step the remorse (self pity) that lurks at the edge of consciousness. 





Emerging from the bush, I was hailed by this venerable majesteria with a noble und basso "HalloOOO!"






I almost laughed aloud at the nose-snorts and barely-suppressed titters as this one gleefully beckoned me, "Come closer."



And these two friends, nestled in close to each other, looked as cozy as two can be.





The saguaros! Lending their stately verticality to the owls and others that rely on them.



1 comment:

  1. wonderful friends indeed. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete