Sunday, December 6, 2020

Working From Home - MOCA Tucson

Pathetic. But it DOES capture the times wonderfully: painful boredom. One can only imagine the gall it would require to charge admission. As it is, they're offering solace by letting everyone stroll about for free.

There's humor in the black blocks that -- similar to the cordoned entries of some stores -- mark the entrance and exits. They could've done better; pylons with yellow tape to funnel visitors toward the ticket booth would be nice. Each block supports a placard alerting visitors that proper face attire is required. (The complete exhibit is in this single room.)

You have to step over the line to exit from the center area. OMG!


On the back (of the blocks), even though the entire front of the building is open, they painted NO EXIT. Will we follow the signs? Obey the new rules? 


Backlight makes it hard to see




Rocks on rollers (Ha, ha!)

I know! I know! Oh! Oh! Teacher!! (waves hand vigorously)

It's a postmodern reference to tv programming!



EXIT in white block letters on backs of blocks.

(somebody has a sense of humor.)


It is interesting how willingly most comply. Go to school; get a job; get married; have children; acquire stuff. Watch tv. Do what you're told.

When did you last sequester yourself? HhhmmMMMMM?


                                                                Thought anything?

4 comments:

  1. yes!I will comment later today, I will sequester for now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, can I come sequester with you? see her blog at: http://rosegardenart.blogspot.com/ )

      I can't WAIT to read you're comment!

      Delete
  2. I don't know if to laugh or cry. Are they joking about the exit, then like you said, they could have done a better job, or is it for real. I hardly ever go to town anymore, staying in the woods, not because i am following rules for less human contact, and sequestering (new word for me) because i do not get IT, i do not like the energy being around people, that seem to fear me if i cough by acident, or if i missed an arrow for exit. If the art would have been my taste, i would have liked though the wandering around no people around. So here i hide in the woods, and lucky for me, since Covid i do meet many more people on the trails, and for me here that is, and always was, a happy occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is, I think, part of art's job...to inspire wonder. But I was disappointed by this low-level wonder.

      And while I'm on the subject, I don't know if you've seen some of Art's comments here, but they are MUCH more inspirational!

      I delight in clearing an aisle in a store (or maybe the whole store) by coughing into my elbow. It works GREAT!

      Glad you're staying healthy! <3 !!

      Delete