Thursday, December 17, 2020

Albert's Turkey!

 A blazing three days from Sunsites.


Day One - Got my usual late start and arrived Deming a little after sunset. Stood outside the Walmart for an hour (in the cold) waiting to be let in. Bought Slumberjack 20=degree sleeping bag for $62.00 (my two sleeping bags were no longer sufficient as temps dipped to =8 Celcius (17 Fahrenheit). Arrived camp on highway 26 around 8:30 pm (near the Windmills). 


Day Two - Depending on who was saying, there was an accident or a shooting and highway 26 from Deming to Hatch was closed. I came out of County Road A024 about 20 miles east of Deming and was stopped by highway men (workers, not bandits) who said it was estimated it'd be three to five hours before it opened. Sat by side of road for two hours. Decided to take Interstate 10 to Las Cruces and then up I-25. Stopped at RV Park before Deming to inquire about shower. Lois, in purple sweater, was giving me a hard time about accepting payment. When I asked if she was German she said, "Yes, and Irish." At that point I threw in the towel.

Arrived camp north of Rex & Robin's at 7:20pm.


Day Three - Early start (12:20pm) today. Stopped numerous times for this and that including pictures of yard decor. 









Arrived ABQ Thursday, December 17, 2020, 5pm.  

130 miles in 4.5 hours = a BLAZING 28.88888888 mph!

2 comments:

  1. normally i detest bathroom planters, but i love this! I think for me it has to do with; do not try to make something ugly look pretty.
    But here the ugly, allowed to be ugly, it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you approve.

      I admired the careful spacing.

      Delete