Monday, October 19, 2020

Sentiment, Frugality & Penny-Wise...

 POUND FOOLISH!!!


I bought the chair a couple of years ago for $40.00. Back in 2010 we recovered the chairs my Mom saved when Holiday Inn threw them out back in '74 . You can see one in this post. The tiger-print fabric still looks like new.

The seat was giving out and Zannie, the woman who does the gussets in my pant-legs and did Pheobe's interior, made it like new. I'm not sure what she charged; it was part of a package deal. 



I found the table back in 2010 soon after I took to the road. It's held martinis, many a fine stout (beer), morning coffee, served as dining table for myself and the occasional guest, is where I place soap und razor when shaving, feets when resting. It's been welded several times. Each time has cost between $5.00 & $15.00. One man told me it wasn't worth three dollars. I have yet to see another like it.


Nearby was this....



 

It contains bone fragments; doesn't have the pointy ends of coyote or the "segmentations" of cat.


2 comments:

  1. Have you been eating bones as a calcium supplement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. Is that a good thing to do?

      What kind of bones?

      As a child I used to enjoy Milk Bones.

      Delete