Thursday, October 22, 2020

Flu-Flu

The big city provides skilled people who can do things I can't; they can repair my chair seat, fletch arrows in the flu-flu style, add a zipper to my sleeping bag liner and monogram my nightcaps.


My right shoulder was injured in a childhood accident. So when I took up archery a few years ago I got a Samick recurve with the lightest pull: 25 pounds.  


Arrow technology includes consideration of the bending an arrow goes through while progressing from the bowstring to the target. It's induced when the bowstring (suddenly) overcomes the inertia of the arrow as it "reclines" on the rest. Other factors are the weight of the tip and the fletching, as the the feathers at the back end are known. I tried numerous arrows before settling on these cedar-shaft jobbies. 



My new flu-flus, fly straight and true. And with that fletching (3 inch & 4 inch....for comparison), they won't get as easily lost. 



One-inch Grouping! HAH!




This bevy languishes on the far side of Long Canyon near Jacobs Chair, Utah.



You can see them in the center of this image. That's Phoebe parked next to the road.






No comments:

Post a Comment