Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Egg-Laying Bunny Day

I'd never have known what day it was if my sister hadn't emailed from Bad Kreuznach, Germany with holiday wishes.

Alerted, I stopped in at John Brook's Grocery in Socorro on my way to Albuquerque. It being THE DAY, I was able to pick up some Easter candy at 1/2 price. I'm often not in Albuquerque for holidays so we celebrate whenever. Today, Tuesday, Michelle found the last one of eleven I hid.

Traditionalists, we used the vinegar & food-coloring method. Artist that she is, Michelle had some blue dye in her materials stockpile and by double-dunking, first in one color and then in another, she came up with some one-of-a-kinds.

We've both sworn off sugar, but since I swore off swearing at age 16 when I spent a day on acid listening to the students in my alternative high school (for dropouts) I've managed to help Michelle hedge her bets every once in a while.

Looking back, we both wish we could've worked for The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA) or Russell Stover as designers and/or quality-control testers, but we had a great time coloring the eggs and she enjoyed the hunt to find them. (KitKat is a Hershey's product and, of course, made esp for cat-sitters.)


No comments:

Post a Comment