Wednesday, September 25, 2019

This Is Not My Beautiful Pavement - Ojito Wilderness

The undercarriage of the Honda FIT is smooth; to facilitate air flow and mileage. But it also provides a modicum of protection from the foliage and, I like to think, lessens the damage to the plants.


2008 Honda FIT





The road had a pretty good hump in the middle that the Russian Thistle and other invasives had made full use of.






It's relatively quiet -- though there IS a shooting place across the valley -- but there's not a lot of flyover and it's a pretty area.










4 comments:

  1. is that your shovel? Do you bury your number twos? Good for you:) It is a thing here lately and rightfully so. People like me, I a nature lover should not assume, I am alone on the planet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye!

      Yes, that's my shovel...painted white so I can find it in the dark.

      The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) recommends a "cat-hole" six inches deep or less, but with my Gemanittude I always go for 8 inches or more, if possible. But then, I need more depth since, as we all know, I'm fulluh shit.

      Delete