Sunday, September 22, 2019

Stuck in Albuq

By the Book, the folks who keep Phoebe in top condition, is closed weekends so when I didn't hear from them Friday it meant sometime next week.

As it happens, Double-El came down with a cold and I've been helping by chauffeuring her to her cat-sits, cleaning the mids (short for middens) and entertaining those that were inclined while she doled out the mush, administered meds and attended to the "professional" duties.

I'm paid up where I'm staying through Tuesday night, but am totally FED up with being in town. It's been 9 years since I left Albuquerque and as far as I can tell it hasn't gained an iota of cultural dimension; if anything there're fewer interesting things to do and see.

Come Wednesday if Phoebe's still in the infirmary I'll move into the 2008 Honda FIT (2016 attempt). It's kinda low-slung but has snow tires so is slightly better equipped to handle "off-road" than the 2016. I found a beautiful spot in the Ojito Wilderness on my way down (to Albuq) and am eager to go back. But hopefully Phoebe'll be ready to ride and we won't have to play the switcheroo.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well, you know, if it weren't for this blog I wouldn't have any way of knowing where I was when or what happened; short-term memory is a thing of the past.

      Delete