Sunday, September 29, 2019

Schmoozing The Outlaws

When one of Michelle's clients recently died, she adopted her cats, Jesse James and Belle Starr, collectively known as The Outlaws. Both are orange tabbies; Belle, somewhat in the style of those times, is a bit fluffy while Jesse is sleek, trim and quick on the lap. They're litter mates; 19 years old.



Belle in the foreground



Jesse's taken a liking to me.




The leopard is of a kind of paper mache. I found it in a dumpster outside a private zoo somewhere in the wilds of Utah. I gave it as an anniversary gift some years ago.


2 comments:

  1. I’m not a cat person, but Jesse James looks like a great cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We mostly had dogs throughout my childhood. I discovered cats in my early 30s when I moved in with One El and Grymalkin, her cat. She showed me their sense of humor and developed my appreciation of their independence.

      There is an organization in Albuquerque that fosters cats whose lackeys have died or become unable to care for them, but there are many more cats than adopters.

      Michelle had cared for them for many months as her client's health declined. They'd come to know each other and she didn't want Jesse & Belle to have to endure the experience of waiting to be adopted...and maybe not be.

      Perhaps it's the cooler nights, but they've both decided a warm body (mine) can be useful. Jesse though, soon appears to greet me whenever I come home.

      Delete